Yuzuru Hanyu & Team Japan Sochi Winter Olympics 2014 Team Event
For those who might have not have seen this yet, this is Yuzuru Hanyu’s skate for Japan last night at the 2014 Olympics. He scored a 97.98 on this skate, and currently sits in 1st place!
This is one of the best skates I’ve ever seen and I had to share!
A star is born!
Hi everyone! Here’s a quick lesson about Japanese traditional footwear! ☆*･゜ﾟ･The more you know ･゜ﾟ･*☆ (๑>ᴗ<๑)
- It’s a type of footwear which is elevated due to practical reasons. It is commonly used to protect one’s feet from getting wet from rainwater or snow.
- Oval geta for women; rectangular geta for men. ;3
B. Merchant’s Geta
- Higher teeth (elevation), to protect one’s feet from getting dirty/wet from the marketplace / trading area.
C. Okobo (Geta)
- Special geta meant to be used by geisha-in-training (also called maiko). Red straps represent newbie geisha~ ✿
- Flat, slightly more formal than geta, usually associated with the kimono (geta —> yukata).
- Japanese socks with toe separation between big toe and other 4 toes.
F. Jika-tabi (Tabi boots)
- (literally “tabi that contact the ground”) 20th century modified tabi. They are heavy-duty (with rubber soles) and are meant to be used outdoors.
Did you know that according to Japanese superstition, breaking the thong/strap on one’s geta is considered very unlucky!
Sources: http://goo.gl/XA0ybh ; http://goo.gl/V7SOi ;http://goo.gl/Of7mPQ
о(ж＞▽＜)ｙ ☆ hope you learned something! If there’s something about the Japanese cool-ture and traditions you would love to learn more about, please let us know!
Autumn Is Already Here | via Facebook on We Heart It - http://weheartit.com/entry/86531186
Untitled on We Heart It - http://weheartit.com/entry/86531632
love on We Heart It - http://weheartit.com/entry/86532547
Untitled | via Tumblr pe We Heart It - http://weheartit.com/entry/86533178
. pe We Heart It - http://weheartit.com/entry/80477520
Pinterest auf We Heart It. http://weheartit.com/entry/85970019
LROrmoc | via Facebook pe We Heart It - http://weheartit.com/entry/85758260